Monday, 2 March 2015

March Sunshine & Sambas

March is finally here which means Spring really is just around the corner. I got way too over excited about the sun being out this morning and as soon as I got out of bed I realised that the harsh winter wind is still here and ready to chill me to my bones. It's a funny time of year where it is starting to be not quite warm enough for thin jumpers and floral prints yet it is too sunny to wear a gigantic puffer coat and fur cossack. I decided that, for today, the best way to go was to show a tiny bit of leg in celebration of the sun but still wear a massive turtleneck knit. It has to be said, I was still cold.










"Joy" Biker Vest, Karl Lagerfeld, Was £229 Now £30 (from T.K.Maxx)
Open Shoulder Roll Neck Jumper, H&M, Was £49.99 Now £25.99 Nice Alternative Here
Leggings, Dorothy Perkins, Gift Similar Here
Samba Super, Adidas, Was £62 Now £40 Available Here
Croc Tote, Topshop, Was £30 Now £7 Similar Here
 This amazing open shoulder, turtleneck jumper from H&M is the reason why I got my amazing pink coat (See last post) practically for free. I saw it among the sale items and fell in love with it instantly. It is just so thick and comfy whilst looking amazing cool. It is definitely my new favourite! The open shoulders make it unique with an added touch of sexy. I was in desperate need of another layer with the wind being so cold outside and so I also decided to wear my amazing Karl Lagerfeld Jersey biker gilet. I bought it last year for an amazing price at my favourite shop, T.K.Maxx. I don't wear it very often as I find the weather in England too unpredictable and so usually just wear a coat or no coat at all. However, I really do need to wear it more as it adds another interesting layer to an outfit and I really do love it! It will be great in the summer when it is slightly too cold just to wear a t-shirt. I can't wait to wear it with denim shorts and sandals!

Today was definitely a leggings and trainers sort of day as I wandered around Liverpool on my day off. When I'm not working I want to wear an outfit that is super comfy and suitable for lazing around all day. These leggings from Dorothy Perkins are great for doing just that and teamed with my Adidas Samba trainers I not only feel comfortable but look great too! I spent such a long time last summer trying to find the perfect trainers to buy. After trying on about 50 pairs I decided to buy these and I'm so happy I did. The classic black and white stripe sealed the deal for me as they go with absolutely everything and they are more hard wearing then casual canvas trainers. My boyfriend used to have a pair and they were his favourites, he says he once fancied a girl just because they were wearing Sambas... So ladies... They are great on AstroTurf too... I think my pair are actually for men but they do ladies ones too. The male version just happened to be in the sale when I bought them! To be honest I don't see why girls should have to wear girls clothes and guys should wear guys. If it fits, it fits! To finish off my outfit I added a splash of colour with my crocodile effect bag from Topshop. This has always been one of my favourite bags as it is such a perfect size and I used it a lot at uni to carry all my stuff around in. There is no better way to spice up a black or monochrome outfit then to add a touch of colour with accessories.

I really hope the weather sorts itself out soon and spring finally arrives. This cold winter has been going on for way too long and I can't wait to start taking the layers off (as much as I love them!) and wearing my spring wardrobe. Hope you all had a great weekend.



23 comments:

  1. You look amazing dear!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh babe super cool! love your style ;)
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom




    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty you! sooo stunning<333

    anyway mind to follow each other dear?
    i followed u! follow back?:) xx

    http://paramitadana.blogspot.ocom/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment and follow. I'll go and look at your blog now :) x

      Delete
  4. Great style! The bag is lovely!

    ♥ Mac ♥
    gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trainers, super cool.
    The bag colour is great too, I've been looking for something in that shade for a while!
    x
    marina-simone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is a great colour that goes with absolutely everything!

      Delete
  6. OMG I´m totally in love with your sneakers!!! Would you like to follow each other via GFC?

    kisses from PreppyEls
    www.preppyels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting :) I look forward to reading what you have to say and I will reply as soon as possible!



blogger template by lovebird